Professional Land Surveys (PLS) are Chartered Land Surveyors and are regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
PLS can offer:
- Site boundary consultations
- Accurate site surveys and reports
- Boundary demarcation
PLS can provide reports to the following requirements:
- A simple boundary report which contains essential information about a property’s boundary (please note that this is not an opinion on the boundary position), this consists of reviewing and downloading documents held at the Land Registry and providing a concise report which identifies key information about the property’s boundaries.
- A desktop analysis boundary report using evidence provided by the client and other sources of information such as digital mapping and aerial photography if required – this report will only be suitable for certain situations.
- A Comprehensive boundary plan & analysis report which consists of an in-person consultation, survey, production of scaled plans, analysis and a report with a boundary opinion.
- A report compliant with Civil Procedures Rules (CPR) part 35 report which is acceptable in a court of law.
Additional services related to boundaries include:
• Determined Boundary Plans/Surveys
• Land Registry compliant plans for registrations and transfers
• Boundary Demarcation Surveys
What happens if a boundary disagreement arises?
A minor disagreement can quickly become a full-scale dispute involving solicitors’ letters and threats of court action. Ultimately, the cost of protecting your right to land in court could be prohibitive so it pays to think hard before rushing into legal action.
The key to resolving a dispute speedily and successfully is to seek expert advice as soon as possible. In the first instance, this advice should be from a chartered land surveyor. At PLS, we’re here to help you resolve any boundary dispute and if needs be, can act as an expert witness
Why choose us for boundary disputes?
- we specialise in boundary work
- we have a wealth of experience in mapping and land surveys
- we can interpret aerial photographs
- we are familiar with the latest civil procedure rules and experienced in preparing reports for court
- we’re capable of serving as an expert witness in court
The red line on the Land Registry title plan only shows the general boundary and does not define the exact legal boundary. A boundary can change over time for any reason. These changes are rarely recorded and can lead to disputes, which is where our expertise makes the difference in any dispute.
For more information on selecting the right chartered land surveyor for you, use the helpful guide created by RICS: https://www.ricsfirms.com/residential/legal-issues/boundaries/how-to-boundary-disputes/
“This was always going to be a challenging job both in terms of access and with the tree cover. Mark came totally equipped with an array of equipment to cover all eventualities and was unphased by the various obstacles – both physical and technical! I was impressed with his thoroughness, attention to detail, and willingness to adapt to the situation on the ground. He provided everything I was after plus some more and I ended up with both a well staked-out boundary line as well as detailed mapping showing measurements in relation to our bat house and fencing. All in all, a most professional job carried out in a friendly, efficient manner by someone who clearly loves his work. I’d highly recommend Mark.”
– Antony McKay
Boundary Report Service
PLS can offer a simple boundary report which contains essential information about a property’s boundary (please note that this is not an opinion on the boundary position), this consists of reviewing and downloading documents held at the Land Registry and providing a concise report which identifies key information about the property’s boundaries including but not necessarily limited to:
- The properties boundary features and which (if any) owner has responsibility for maintenance.
- Details outline with regards to the boundary features
- Any dimensions with regards to boundary if specified
Our fee for producing the report will be £80 + vat.
If you’d like us to produce your Boundary Report, simply complete the form on this page and we’ll be in touch to discuss your report.
Looking to work with us? We’d be happy to start a conversation…